My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The remains of the day....

....or should I say, the remains of the pillow?

On Monday, I decided to wash my sheets and air my bedding to get any leftover germs or viruses out of them, including the little pillow that supports my head when I am lying down to use my laptop. The pillow prevents my head from poking through the wrought-iron spindles on my headboard. I had written in the past about how tired that pillow was getting, but I figured it could endure one more washing.....I was WRONG!

Imagine my surprise when I opened the machine and saw that mountain of 'suds' looking back at me! From outward appearance, the stuffing in the pillow was a solid piece of foam, but evidently, I was mistaken! The Publix bag was filled with foam (the pillow cover is next to it) and that was only part of what I could rescue from the washer, with hopes that the balance would accumulate in the dryer lint bin. Oh no, that was not to be! I had to shake each and every piece of laundry and cause a snow storm in order to get the rest of the foam. What a mess! At least it was a clean, white, and dry mess this time!

No comments: