My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

"God bless you, you smell good!"

My perfume smells good to others, apparently, as several people in recent days remarked about it. I wear “Obsession”, by Calvin Klein, and have done so since 2000 when I discovered it when on a cruise in the Mediterranean with my former spouse. The gift shop on the ship offered samples. I loved the spiciness of it, light and not at all flowery. Yes, it is slightly more expensive than most pay, but a little bit goes a long way. I was in the elevator once with a policeman who had dropped off paperwork of Travis, my neighbor, who is a public servant. The policeman was in already when he stopped for me on my floor and after a second, he said to me, “God bless you, you smell good!”

When I was leaving the other day, I rode down in the elevator with Travis and he complimented me, saying I smelled nice. Well, thank you, Travis! When I got outside and passed Connie on the walkway, she said, “Boy, you smell good today!” I thanked her as well but then replied it was the same scent I wear every day. I don’t think I over did it at all, as I like to use it sparingly to make it last. Usually, though, I don’t go immediately from shower, to being dressed, to being out the door which is how my day was on Friday.

Monday I watched half of the Packer/Viking game with my neighbor and he asked me, “Is that Shalimar?” I said, “Is who Shalimar?” since I thought he was talking about football! No, it was a perfume, but he said mine was nice, light. Thank you again. I had not reapplied any since getting ready for the day and this was nearly 12 hours later.

Today again someone said to me that I always smell so good and I thanked them for the compliment. And Judy A. said that people from the Midwest have a hard time taking a compliment. Well, I accept!

6 comments:

Linda M said...

Good Morning Kim!!

I always get the comment"you're not from around here are you??"I get these commnets when I am 15-50 miles from home, but as long as I am not in Kewaunee, I always agree, yes, I am not from around here. They say,"I can tell by the way you dress."

You and me would be good bookends.(and we would smell good too!!!)

40 degrees and pretty nice in Kewaunee!!
Linda M

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.!

How funny is that?? "You're not from around here..." How do they dress outside of Kewaunee??? How do you dress in Kewaunee??? Bookends for sure, that would be us!

Such is life in the upper Midwest!

Hugs,

Kim

Linda M said...

Good Morning Kim!!

I always wear multi colored tops or jackets.SOme people would call them busy,,be WE wouldn't.Jeans, bold necklaces, never go past teh mailbox without earrings .People in Kewaunee have learned to tolerate me.
The other day I was wearing a Canvasbacks jacket that I had just gotten for $2.I lady came up to me with the "I can tell you aren't from around here" line.I said yes(cuz I was all the way to GreenBay).She was from New york!!!SHe was just sort of shaking her head, about the "way people around here dress"

Listening to the gun shots(deer hunting,not drive by)in WI

Linda M

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Most assuredly book ends, my friend! While my ears are currently unclad, my face is done when I dress, in case someone calls and wants to do something.

Our attire is our calling card, not only you and I, but everyone. Reflective of personality, etc. I think I shall write about that...later!

Watch out for running deer and stray bullets!

Linda M said...

Good Afternoon!!
I would be interested on your take on how people dress and what it says about them.
I would think I have always liked really unique clothes most of my adult life for sure, maybe even sooner.
But I consider my self a very shy person and I think I hide behind the clothes.Kind of a crutch.
Don't have the courage to wear a solid color pastel top and no makeup.That would be too scary,,for everyone involved!

Got my earrings and bracelets on in WI!!
Linda M

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Thanks for the encouragement and confidence you put in me! It might not be today's posting but soon. Love to examine the hows and whys of things, but not deeply!

Fuzzy slippers in Florida,

Kim