My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday

This was the sight which greeted me upon arriving at church. Carol got there at the same time and when I told her how nice it was, she remarked that they are smaller branches than other years. I assured her that they were fine, did the job of reminding the community and us all that it is Palm Sunday. The teens or older school kids were going to work with Paul on assembling the palm crosses to be pinned to our garments for the day. I did see two boys handing them out, one who came after the crosses were already made.


Paul's dad plus his two half-brothers have come down to FL for a vacation, which is their first time since Paul and Emily's wedding in 1999. Paul looks very much like his father, remarkably so. Tomorrow they are going to the beach and do some other fun touristy stuff in the area while Paul and Emily are at work. Not sure if Sarah is on break this week or not, but she was quite excited about having her uncles and grandpa come for a visit.


After church Justin and I went to Chili's with only the Chappell's, as no one else was available to join us.Terri T. couldn't come because she was going to the County Fair. Mike S. still had a few dollars left on his Chili's gift card but declined the offer to join us. Judy J. was not up to it, or something, so our small group went alone.                                          
                                    
I get the triple appetizer, switching it up to include chicken tenders added to my two portions of potato skins. The uneaten portion I normally bring home (about half) to have at a later time. The chips can be microwaved to make them fresh for eating at home, and neither of us care for the salsa they sent along. It comes in handy if I make something with a tomato base, like soup or chili.


The nacho chips are free, which Justin gets through his participation in FourSquare on his cell phone. He told me he is the "Mayor" of FourSquare because of the frequency of his visits to Chili. Nearly every Sunday now we go there after church, a practice which began during football season so I could see the game while we ate. Talk about being a needy friend!


As we were finishing up, I looked out the window to see our friend, Amber, and her granddaughter, getting into their car. She had told Judy they were going shopping so we didn't ask her along with us. Rats! It is wonderful that not only is Amber in church nearly every week but now her granddaughter wants to come to Sunday school and church. I watched in worship as Amber tried to show Reagan how to follow along in the hymnal, like she was shown about four months ago! 



Justin and I had a nice quiet afternoon, just doing our own thing. He had vacuumed the kitchen and my bedroom on Saturday. Taking some of the time to 'read' one of his books, "The Hunger Games II", he took a break from getting his room straightened away. After seeing the first movie a week or so ago, he has read (listened to) the first book while working and is now on the 2nd in the series, and loving it! I have learned so much about it simply listening to him recount the story line to me. Between this book series and "The Walking Dead" (yech!), I am getting quite an earful!

No comments: