My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Picture this...

...a posting with text and not just photos!


Yesterday at church, Jackie asked me about the dinner at The Greek Restaurant and I had nearly forgotten about it. Wow! Where did that time go? I do know that week ramped up to the arrival of the VBS kids and getting those things into place, but I should have mentioned the dinner.

Actually, this outing doubled as the Ladies' Groups' picnic, since no one offered to host it at their home. We had a good group, a few less than the 18 I reserved for, allowing for some coming without having signed up. Martie, my friend, had said she was going to join us but when contacted, told me she was held up at work on a mailing. Judy C. brought her daughter, Lynn, visiting from SC. 
This graphic was borrowed from another site, not an actual photo of my dinner

The item I ordered was the Trio of well-known Greek dishes, a sampler, which came with salad, plus two side dishes. Yikes! The platter was heaping with food, and I ordered the potatoes and carrots as my sides. Lynn ate my salad and I scarcely dented my entrees. I think everyone was happy but, sometimes, it's hard to tell. 


Twila ordered the steak, which is something I would have done having not tried the Greek food. She and I had visited this restaurant a couple weeks prior, which means the menu was possibly not her favorite. That is the way to go, though, have a steak and just enjoy yourself and the company.
                                             
I treated my friend, Judy J., thanking her for being my airport driver when Justin's work schedule changed our original plans for getting me to the airport in May. Judy had ordered a cheese appetizer which was normally delivered to the table ablaze. Sadly, the State law won't allow them to ignite it at the table, too dangerous, so she was sad about not having it flambe. It was tasty anyway. 


When the bill came for us two ladies, I thought something had been missed, so took it to the counter to have it recalculated. Nope, it was all there, and we ate for less than $40, even with appetizers and dessert! With two days' worth of leftovers to go home with me!
                 
Okay, yes, this is a picture but I did not take it. This is a cup of rice pudding which Judy and I had for dessert. She ate hers there but the waitress gave me mine for free, in a to-go cup, as a Thank You for bringing in my group of ladies! Love rice pudding!

No comments: