My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Some Sunday photos

Katie is tickling the ivories as Brittany sang during some down time after set-up and before dinner. I was told that Katie can play anything put in front of her, and she began with "In Christ Alone", of course....
Before the live music began though, the young folks rehearsed some of the arm motions to be used with the songs for VBS. Jacob, a member of our congregation, joined the kids and acted out the motions and ran the projector. Jackson, in the white shirt, was really getting into it!
From left are Jackson, Erin, Katie, and on the ladder, Brittany as they rehearse the songs to teach the little ones this week at VBS. 

4 comments:

Darla said...

My mom used to enroll us every year in VBS and we had a blast! I loved the things we did and the little show we did on Sunday. Brings back good memories!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla:

Good memories of Vacation Bible School in your life! I did not attend VBS as a kid, but my former spouse was in charge of it many years ago when the kids did the play.

Only one time do I recall putting on a play on Sunday following VBS, and looking back, I am wondering 'what in the world?'

These young people are great and so enthusiastic. Last evening they sat around the table with highlighters and post-it notes, working on their lesson plans for the coming week. They are ready!!

Hugs,

Kim

Rosalie said...

Did you do the same VBS we did at VOTL. I seem to remember Gail was going to give you some info. VBS went well here. The Sunday before Bueges went on vacation, the VBS program was performed during the worship service. Everyone did a fabulous job!
Blessings my friend
Rosalie

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie!!!!

Yes, they are doing the CPH program with the word Desert in it, the same one your church did. I did so love the decor shown in Gail's photos, very nicely done.

The kids will do a closing 'service' on Friday night and then the tear down begins. It should all be cleared away before worship on Sunday. The kids leave here on Saturday and that is when my funk will set in...I hate when company leaves!!

Love,

Kim