My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue moons and sunrises

Here is the sunrise from Friday morning. I was chatting with Jill, my sister, and told her I had to go take a picture of the rising sun. It was so gorgeous, but sadly, sometimes the photo does not do it justice.
I was ready to capture the blue moon rising over Mandarin
There it is!!! That tiny dot is the blue moon!
The tiny dot grew into something quite spectacular. It was so lovely it might have made noise!
 

                        
This morning I was met with the sunrise shown above....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Love the pictures, especially the blue moon! We did get to see it, but it was in the clouds for the most part.

Love and hugs,
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Thanks for the comment, Linda J.! I hope you get to enjoy a couple of those sunrises when you are here. Sorry that the view was obscured when the moon was blue. That always reminds me of a MASH episode---the guys were trying to lay their hands on a movie titled "The Moon is Blue" in one episode. Not a science thing for me at all!

Love and hugs,

Kim