My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reformation Day sunrise

This photo was taken Monday evening as the moon rose over the river. Later, in full darkness, it was more magnificent but sadly, my pictures taken at night just don't work out. This will have to do!
The sky was breathtaking this morning, causing me to fly to grab the camera. You can see the dramatic edge of the storm, attributed, I hear, to Hurricane Sandy. As Justin said, there were more clouds this a.m. than there have been all week, and as I write, the sky is now entirely free of clouds. 
My friend, Suzanne, posted this shot of the Romney bus which was just in front of her as she drove into work today. Justin is attending the Victory Rally today at Metro Park, an outdoor event. Originally it had been planned for the Memorial Arena but more space was needed (YAY!!!) so they moved it over to Metro Park. 

Justin located his winter gear last night and this a.m. freed me of my camera in order to get some better photos this evening. Likely he won't be close enough to the stage, since he is going with his father and Jesse, not leaving in time to get nice and close. It is a work day, after all! I hope he gets some good pictures, though, even if they are crowd shots!

4 comments:

Darla said...

Post his pic! I would love to go to a rally like that! Have a wonderful day Kim!!!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Darla:

I do hope he got some good shots. He got home after I was in bed so have not spoken with him yet about his night. They must have gone to dinner afterward or something. He loves all things political and is really into trying to save our nation!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

HI Kim,
Love the sunrise picture, very dramatic! Wish I had been there for that one!

Love and hugs,
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.!

It was so so dramatic, the colors amazing. The picture does not do it justice. Would have loved sharing it with you, and the moon as well!

Hugs and love,

Kim