My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Deeply deeply saddened

How did this happen? It's like the OJ Simpson trial verdict being handed down...All the evidence pointed to guilt and yet, the jury found him not guilty. All the evidence pointed to this failed administration and the jury gave him a pass, and rewarded him with four more years. I can't see to type, I am so upset. My heart hurts almost more for Justin because he tried so hard to help our candidate. I cannot even comfort him....

Let me take that back....He just came in here and comforted me. I confessed that I was not being a good example for him, not showing the proper trust in the Lord, our one sure thing. In the morning, I might feel differently, but right now, emotionally crushed. I need a hymn or a Bible verse right now!

I am so concerned about my little nephews and how they will get along under these circumstances. 

Stephanie told me I missed a good class tonight, talking about End Times, which I love to read/hear about. As I try to go to sleep, I will pray for the Lord to come back for us, or, certainly, not turn His face from us!

Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam

    and the mountains quake with their surging.
 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.
 God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.
 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
 Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
 He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields with fire.
 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog. I too am upset but I look at it this way. It’s Revelation continuing to come true. It’s not a war or earthquake, it’s scarier than that. So maybe we are now closer to heaven because of it. That’s how I get through it. So put a smile on your face...God doesn't make mistakes. Love you...Dolly

Kim Lahaie Day said...

I love you, Dolly!

Closer to heaven sounds like a wonderful mindset. Keep our eyes on the prize, forever in the presence of the Lord!

Hugs,

Kim