My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Italian!

Today at Bible study, we had full tables, welcoming back some who had been traveling and one young man who happened to have the day off from his landscaping job. It was so good to have everyone there, except Rita was missing. We did a study about Advent, beginning in the beginning, with the fall into sin and the reason a Savior was needed. I hope this study goes on for the few classes I will be in before leaving for WI!
                                          
Justin and I were planning to have lunch at Maggiano's and asked Erica and her grandma, Jean, to join us. They did! We took advantage of their special deal where if you buy a certain meal, another goes home with you. Sweet! Justin and I each got another meal, or in my case, at least three or four more, as I ate only half of my lunch! Erica and Jean took home a portion of ravioli to have another time, plus leftovers from their shared lunch. Great plenty and a great deal. 

Justin was able to find the perfect parking space for us, one we hated to give up (ala "Seinfeld") so we went into Barnes and Noble. We each bought something---yes, before Christmas---ignoring the rules about not buying stuff for yourself before Christmas. I got "The Joy of Hate" and he bought a board game to play with his buddies. His game has something to do with Wil Wheaton from Star Trek: The Next Generation fame. We had to hike to the very back of the store to the humor department to find my book. Whew!
                                          
As we were heading for the check-out, we stopped at a table of books where I found one about Italy. At lunch I had been telling Erica about "Under the Tuscan Sun" and the beauty of Tuscany, etc. This book just pushed me over the edge as we paged through it, as tears formed. Justin looked at the cover of the book and said, "Mom, you have this book at home...." Sure enough, I do! Now I can cry at home looking at my own book, or my scrapbooks!

No comments: