My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Who is who?


  
On New Year's Day I spent some time going through a couple bags of stuff my niece, Alayna, left for me at my mom's house. Evidently I had asked to see the stuff (mainly trip brochures and such) that her dad told her to give me. I sat down with these bags, having the recycling bin in front of me to dispose of the items. I thought the brochures were her dad's but they were actually my mom's stuff. What great fun that was! 

Not only were there maps and booklets and postcards, but a full packet of assorted photographs. I am so glad I did not pitch the entire contents without looking at the stuff, because the photos had precious people in them!

More of those photos are coming but the one above sent us into a state---the one on the left. At first glance everyone who looked at it said it was Lynn. But it is not! That photo is actually of my mom, taken on a bus trip she went on back in the mid-80's. Wow, what a strong resemblance they have! When we see recent photos of Lynn and Lori, we often have trouble figuring out which girl is it. I still can't get over this duo, though! The photo on the right is Lynn, holding Alayna as an infant.

No comments: