My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Company at The Palace

Saturday I heard voices outside and saw this when I looked out--all these people sporting bright green t-shirts. On one side of the breakwater was a boat and on the other side, people carrying bags, picking up trash. Oh, it was marvelous seeing them out there cleaning up after the storms and such dropping debris in our basin!

In this shot you can see the boat pulled up to the side. Now, how did that saw horse get into our basin??? My guess is it blew off of someone's dock and stopped when it got to our rocks.
Even though I was listening to a very special speech by Dr. Ben Carson at CPAC, I grabbed my camera and went downstairs to take pictures of this hard-working crew. The guy who seemed to be in charge told me they were with the Fleming Island Garden Club and were doing this as part of Clay County's "Clean Up America". They were working along the river as well as Doctors Lake and portions of Hwy. 17. I was effusive in my thanks to them, and it was not empty---I am entirely thankful these folks braved the reeds and such to clean up for us, and for America!


No comments: