My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Working backward

In case we missed anything, or I missed anything, I will work backward through the days with Linda, to mention the highlights. Just a few moments ago I returned from dropping Linda at the airport and am SOOOO glad to be home! My goodness, such traffic! My sympathies for folks who have to commute in this every single day, often in the rain. I have much for which to be thankful!

We were concerned that the most recent snowstorm was going to delay or impede Linda's travels today but in tracking through the Internet, nothing of significance in her path. I won't know until tomorrow whether this remains the case or not. She must be back in order to process the payroll for the staff at church and school as no one else knows how to do it. That is how valuable their employee is!

Linda and I went to lunch at Pengree's Restaurant not far from home, her first time there. She said the meal portion was just right, as I had hoped it would be since she is traveling during the dinner hour. She enjoyed the patty melt and I had their wonderful country fried steak with green beans. Yum!
    
We had to scrunch down a bit to better show off the hat
From there we went to Joann's Fabric and Crafts to get glass glue. Yes, I am going to try fixing some of the flowers. We also went to the holiday aisle to look for deelyboppers to try on, as is our custom. We each tried on an Easter bonnet head band and took our photos. A lady passing through was tickled we were having such fun. Me, too!

When we came back here, Linda rested her peepers a little bit, having been packed up since morning. She had slept the majority of the night in the family room, having awakened with a headache. Sleeping in the recliner helped her head feel better. She accidentally messed up the TV remote control in her sleep so she missed the news. And she slept through the sunrise, which I managed to capture for her. 

Our weather today was magnificent, the high temp being 75 above zero. Now we're talkin'!!! Linda got blamed for the cold temps we are experiencing but gets no credit for the lovely day we had today. Hopefully she took some of that home with her in her carry on! 

No comments: