My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This April morning....

What an amazing greeting this a.m., after the geese honked me awake. I could not be more happy about that! 

There is a pair of geese who have taken up residence in the river outside my windows and doors, serving often as my morning wake-up call. Sometimes I don't mind, but other times, I would prefer to not wake up so early!

For the Easter feast, I bought canned Arnold Palmer tea, which is mixed with lemonade, making it taste more like lemonade than tea. I thought Mike S. would like it but he actually came with a bottle of PowerAde in hand. Since I simply forgot about Mike C. drinking regular Coke ("We have lunch with him every single Sunday..." Yes, Justin, I know, but I wasn't thinking!!!) I offered him an Arnold. Oh, I felt so badly about forgetting his soda choice. And I didn't know he was not a pineapple eater, either. Oops! But, I do like the tea and am enjoying it today. It is calorie-free and quite refreshing!

Worship on Good Friday was very good, entering in near darkness, the choir in our robes. It was Laurie's first time singing for the congregation and she did great. A welcome addition to the choir. Pastor joined the choir for the Holy Week anthems which supported our sole male singer, Sterling. Sterling also accompanied Robbie on a anthem that night. Robbie led our choir in an offering we rehearsed in depth, and our efforts showed, if I do say so myself. 

At our final rehearsal on Wednesday, in a section where we had troubles with cut-offs, someone jokingly suggested singing it acapella. The 'joke' became reality with Robbie being able to direct us properly and not have to accompany on that portion of the anthem. It was a stunning affect, and really brought home the text: "What wondrous love, what perfect grace that God sent His Son to die in our place..." Powerful!
                                                    
Again, the congregation left the church in silence, and before long, I was on my way home again. Justin was gone to the other house to work on putting some of his things away, to free up bins for more packing at home. He had not eaten my 2nd Big Mac from the previous night's dinner (Buy One/Get One!) so I reheated it for my dinner. A reflective service and a satisfying meal, perfect after my impromptu lunch with Lee. 

I know I have said this before but GS does Holy Week and Easter well! To Him be the glory!

No comments: