My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Glad the sun is back

Yesterday was a dreary day again as a front was moving through. This meant rain off and on much of the day, with only occasional glimpses of the sun. 
This wasn't too bad to wake up to this morning after no real color the day before except for greys. My sun jar got filled up and so did I, as we are both solar charged!

Tuesday night was a building committee meeting, our fifth such gathering since the beginning of the year. At last we made a determination as to how to proceed with our limited resources to fix up the place. It is a long time coming as most things at church often are, and I look forward to getting underway. The project must be completed by next fall, as we are hosting the LWMS Rally in 2014!

Of course, I drove over there in the rain, though at some point the rain had ended. A couple folks at the meeting had had little rain at all, but for me, it was on and off, with the big downpour beginning at 6:00 pm, just before I was to leave. Justin even wondered if I would still go in such a downpour. Fortunately it let up before my departure time so I was not thoroughly soaked getting to my car.

Justin served me dinner in my room when I got home, since he had eaten without me. I like room service! We shared my leftovers from Koko's and my portion of the leftovers was great plenty for my dinner. Talk about generous portions! I do believe we had ordered the double fried rice so that accounts for the bounty.
              
He worked extra sites on Monday so that on Tuesday he would be home in time for the roll-out of the new Apple products. He very much enjoyed watching it live rather than later on after the world already knows. It's a techy thing to get it fresh, apparently. Already he is showing me things I can do on my phone and on the laptop, even if the laptop is not an Apple product. Some new ideas for newsletters are being fostered!

No comments: