My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Love getting good news

It was a lovely day but not a pool type one. Already I am missing my friends. How I dislike thinking of them as being only seasonal, you know? Often these folks do not make use of the rest of The Club facilities but the pool alone is their draw. I might have to do something about this, see if I can get them, or some of them anyway, involved in other social activities. 

I was so glad to have my friend, Judy C., call me to ask me to lunch today. (When I got out of the shower, I saw my friend, Brenda, had asked me to lunch, too. We made plans for next Tuesday, instead) After I accepted, I asked what she was hungry for and she suggested Pengree's. Of course! I enjoy the country fried steak there and it is enough for two meals for me. We had a good visit, made some plans for Reformation coming up next month (the dinner, that is) and other stuff.

She helped to keep my mind busy as I was going to the eye doctor this afternoon and I was concerned about what he would tell me. The plan was to have a full exam with an added feature of an optic scan. I believe it is like the ones I had prior to my LASIK procedure in 2000. I sat in front of four different pieces of equipment before the doctor saw me. 
                                 
He remembered me from St. Johns (his son was in Justin's class) and was so friendly. Toward the end of the exam he dilated my eyes and then left the room. When alone in the room, I could view the monitor and saw many places where it said "normal". Yes! At the end of the exam, he reported he could see nothing amiss inside the eye, the flashes might be from stress, especially now that they are dissipating in frequency, and might even be considered an optical migraine. I don't even need to get glasses unless I want to sharpen my vision. What great news! I do have to get some sunglasses, though, upon his recommendation. He did not say wrap-around ones, though!!
                                
I had to wear the little plastic ones from the eye doctor in order to drive, because of the dilation. I took River Road for my route just to be on the safer side. I got there before Justin got home from work, and when he did get in, he said he could not hug me because his 'hunter's musk' was too profound to do so. That's my boy! After his shower, though, he came in and gave me a big hug, so glad to hear my news from the eye doctor. He was more concerned than was I, it seems.

For our dinner, we had leftovers, taking care of the foam boxes lined up in the fridge, plus the remains of my sloppy joes. Justin ate the second half of my burger from Johnny Angel's as well, and I had my food from lunch. I was quite exhausted, my eyes taking a while to recover after the dilation. 

We watched a segment of "Duck Dynasty" via Justin's computer, and then "Jeopardy!", retiring to the living room to watch Greg Gutfeld hosting "The O'Reilly Factor", watching half of it together. We both decided to go to our rooms for the night, as I had to get up early for a road trip to W. Melbourne for a mission rally. Justin showed me how to set the alarm using Siri to do so. I like having another 'person' to boss around!

I am most thankful to the Lord for the good reports from the eye doctor. Surely I expected to have to get some glasses (I should have asked about contacts) or have to use eye drops or something. Looking forward to a good, sound sleep tonight and hope my alarm does the trick in the morning!

No comments: