My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A whirlwind Thursday

Let me tell you all about my Thursday---whew! To begin the day, Justin was my driver to Bible study, stopping first at the RaceTrak to get sodas for class. 

I talked with my mom on the ride over, with her filling me in on their wonderful worship services Sunday. One was at FG and the other at the Lutheran High School, where the brother of a special pastor/friend of ours was the preacher. She was so moved by his sermon that she told me, "When he said 'Amen', I said 'Wow!'" Mom is not normally a 'wow' person but this sermon nailed it. She wondered if with my connections and such if I could get a copy of the sermon. And, I did!!

Bible study was very good, lots of comparisons between Isaiah's times and the ones in which we live. Interesting how that happens. Pastor H. has a knack for doing this which adds a great deal to the class and to our learning. Much of the conversation revolved around the debacle unfolding as regards 6% of our national economy and the government's inability to launch. What a mess! We are in serious doo doo here, folks.

After class Justin and I headed to the Town Center Mall to have lunch at my favorite place---PF Chang. Their honey chicken is the best, with the brown rice and crispy noodles. Justin had pad thai, but he was not blown away by it. Says his is better...and I believe him! He stopped at the Publix before we headed back home. I had about an hour or so before I needed to be back on the road!

My friend, Carol, and I met at Panera over near church and had a marvelous catching up visit. She'd been gone for three weeks and came back refreshed. We still had lots to talk about. About three hours later I was home, late for my appointment with Linda!! I did get on-line in time to chat with her, and also had called from the car to let her know where I was and why I was absent.

Once I was home and had chatted with Linda, I had about 30 minutes before my next adventure began. My neighbor, Ellen, was treating me to a play in which our mutual friend, Maggie, was appearing. We had planned to go the week before but had to reschedule so tonight was a go. At 6:30 I had to be downstairs and away we went to Atlantic Beach. She asked if I wanted to ride with the top down on the car but I was just as delighted to have the seat warmer on!! It was so not 'top down weather'!
                          
The play was very good, the theater small and intimate. Maggie had warned me about a bit of language used in the play but she assured me her monologues were not like that. And they weren't. Both Ellen and Maggie apologized to me afterward for the bits that were in the show, which was nice of them. As it turned out, Ellen was going to take me home and then drive back to the beach condo, so Maggie offered to be my driver. She has been making this drive alone during the rehearsals and the run of the show, so having a partner for the long ride back to OP was most welcome. 

When I had left for the play, Justin reminded me that he was working on Friday, so he would not wait up for me. I can't remember what time it was when I actually got home but it sure was nice to finally get there and settle in. What a day!

No comments: