My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Slaving away....

...at First German's church office this a.m. I put the finishing touches on the newsletter and sent it off, hoping I got everything correct. I had e-mailed it to myself but much of the work I had done at home did not transfer. It makes me wonder if I e-mailed the correct version or what I did. Anyway, I made it work and, thanks to g-mail, was able to access much of the information I needed using previous year's editions which were e-mailed to folks. Living life in the clouds, as it were!

Today is a down day activity-wise, other than this work here plus later picking up my sister and her son from the car dealership. Mom is at home probably enjoying the quiet while I am away. Here at church I got to see lots of people already this a.m. including the three pastors, met the interim principal; the new church secretary, Lisa; the property chairman, Larry; the lady in charge of the flowers, Joanie; the Lutheran Chorale Director, Al who was a former teacher at my grade school and from whom I rented for a period before moving to FL; and Scott from Manitowoc Lutheran High School stopped by. Very cool!

Yesterday was a fun day involving meeting some of my family at the Charcoal Grille for lunch. Mom, Lynn, Alayna, Lori, David, and Dustin were with our group and enjoyed a leisurely meal together. They were leaving for Holmen but took the time to swing by Mom's house so David could get Mom's new home phone hooked up. Kerry and I chipped together on it so Mom can more easily see the numbers and the display. She will also hear better because it has an amplifier on it, plus an additional handset so she can keep one receiver at the table with her, or in the living room. Lori suffers in Mom's house because of the heat, but, in anticipation of their coming over, I had turned the temperature way down. It was not down enough for that poor girl who is always in overheat mode. Mom and I are freezy cats, and Lori boils over. He got it done in no time and she is good to go now, and Lori is likely now sufficiently cooled!

Lynn joined Mom and I for dinner last night as I had made a casserole dish of escalloped potatoes and ham, using some leftover ham from Christmas Eve's celebration. Oh my, it turned out good! Mom will enjoy having some of these goodies at a later date as I intend to put them in the freezer for her. Next up---chili!

No comments: