My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hanging with the fam

Monday I had the distinct pleasure of having lunch with my niece, Alayna, and her friend, Jenna, plus my mom and Lynn. We chose Perkin's as our dining establishment which was a great choice. It was my first visit to Perkin's in Manty since I got to town. Normally I am there for breakfast so having lunch was a bit of a treat! Thankfully, perch was on the menu, which both Mom and I enjoyed.
It was a cold and windy day, bitterly so, and the giant flag which is almost trademark "Perkin's" was standing nearly straight out from the pole! Lynn took Mom and me to Wal-Mart to get some scrips picked up and do some other shopping. Going between the store and the car was miserable! 
That evening, still quite cold, Mom and I could view the setting sun from her apartment, and it was marvelous and colorful. We ate dinner at home that night, me cooking for us, and we survived it without the fire department showing up again (as happened a couple winters ago when Justin was frying bacon!)  All was well!

No comments: