My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

It's a new recipe day!

Facebook has become more Cookbook these days, as folks have taken to posting pictures and recipes found on other sites. Oh, my goodness! My FB friend, one I've never met in the flesh, posted an easy peasy recipe for slow cooker chicken. I bought the ingredients and made it for our dinner tonight. It was good! Next time I make it, I will know better how to set the time on the cooker (having options of 4, 6, 8, or 10 hours) so I don't overcook the chicken. We have enough now for leftovers, with its tasty sauce.
It takes four ingredients to make: chicken breasts, a packet of onion soup mix, a can of whole cranberry sauce, and 8 oz. of catalina dressing. Of course, while I was putting it together, I was met with scepticism about this creation from my boy, who again accused me of occupying HIS territory. Just like his father! Fortunately, he liked the recipe, so I got a pass.

He offered to make the mini-muffins for our Easter breakfast while I put together the egg/cheese/bread casserole which has to sit for hours before being baked. We stayed out of each other's way and no one got hurt (ha, ha). I wasn't sure there would be paper cups so small for the muffins but he did find some at Publix, buying two packs of 100. That should hold us. He ended up with about 50 mini-muffins, lemon poppyseed flavored. That should about do it!

Our chefs at church, Mike 'n Mike, are taking the year off from making Easter breakfast so we have folks bringing baked dishes, bakery, milk, and such, plus Judy is making biscuits and gravy (to die from!!!). I am sure we will have plenty but Judy is concerned about that. At least folks can fill up on mini-muffins! 

No comments: