My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A crazy summer storm!

Justin and I are waiting for this wild storm to wrap up before we head to Publix. It has been thundering like nuts and lightning right on top of the thunder, rattling the windows and my nerves. My friend, Cindy, reported that another storm has just left her area so we are getting another wave right now. We lost our power a couple of times which nicely takes the Internet with it. During The Five, mind you! Interrupted Linda's and my conversation mid-sentence!
This was the sky which greeted us this morning, as captured by my neighbor, Sharon. I had taken a photo before she took this one and it was lame by compare. She is a pro and it shows!

Tonight we are shopping to get our supplies to make for a political function being hosted here on Monday night. My next door neighbor, Kay, asked me to help her since her house is smaller than mine. Justin is quite excited because he is interested in politics, plus he's been planning items to make for appetizers. Kay is making stuff, too, and took care of distribution of the invitations which I made up. We are quite the team! Glo Smith is running against Corrine Brown and has my full support!
Cleaning has been going on here, badly needed, including me breaking the rules and climbing on the ladder to polish up my kitchen cabinets. Whew, what a job that was! Yesterday I did my curio cabinet which was badly in need of dusting. I have a burned out light on my chandelier and I think it needs the attention of an electrician because the socket might be bad. Will have to get along with one bulb out. Hope no one notices...

We have plans to watch the Jaguar game tonight so I hope the storms let up soon enough to allow for shopping and getting home in time to watch the game. Justin can't stay up long enough to see the end and I am not sure I will either, but we'll see. It starts at 8:00 pm so we'll watch Jeopardy! first while we eat dinner and then start watching the game. Go Jaguars!

No comments: