My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meet and Greet for Glo

After much planning and multiple e-mails and text messages, the event finally came together. My house was clean, food was prepared (Justin was a busy boy in the kitchen on Sunday!) and tables readied for consumption! Sadly, I got no pictures of the foods other than the cherry pies. Nancy M. came over to help Justin serve and keep things supplied so I could tend to the guests with Kay. Her husband was set up outside at a table to help folks get name tags and to make their donations, if they cared to. 
 Glo is introducing herself as Nancy W. and I look on
 This is Glo posting with Nancy's neighbors, Jeanie, Gail, me, Marsha, and my dear friend, Kathy H.
 Kay and I stood with Glo in my living room. Kay was the co-hostess for the event, using my house since I have more room. It was my pleasure! Those invited were people from our property and we estimated about 35 came, which was manageable for my rooms.
Justin was really the man of the hour with folks just loving the foods he made. Besides the little cherry pies he made pepperoni pizza puffs and his wonderful ham and Swiss sandwiches. Glo loved the food so much that she asked if he could make something for the victory celebration next week. He said he would be glad to make the pizza puffs again. This is Justin and me with Glo, and Jimmie, who is a neighbor and is also the man from whom I bought my condo! His wife said she might not mind having it back. Let's talk!
Photo
Before too many people got away, the photographer got a group of us together for this shot. Right behind me is my friend/dentist, Peggy, and her hubby is barely visible back by Justin. The others are my neighbors, some from my building and others from buildings on the property. 
Justin's miniature cherry pies. So very glad there were some leftover!

No comments: