My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Eyes Have It

Not long before I left for WI I noticed something was amiss with my eyes. Or, eye, I should say. Not unlike what I experienced last fall which was caused (likely) by a stress migraine in the eye which did not hurt but caused the light flashes on the peripheral which did eventually dissipate. So, therefore, I didn't get too upset by the flashes and the sense that something was running under my bed or that someone was coming in the room when I was alone. Sort of spooky...

I don't know if I mentioned this to anyone in WI either as the flashing seemed to stop but the blurry spot remained. When I got home and settled, I went to the website for the eye doctor to set up an appointment to have it checked over. The appointment was set for this a.m. but I never did get a confirmation e-mail or a phone call about it. I tried calling the office, the old fashioned way, but had to leave a voice mail. When I got to the office, they had no idea I was coming. My explanation that I'd made the appointment on-line was met with "oh, sometimes that doesn't work...". Really? How handy is that? 

The young lady was trying to find an appointment time for me and was well into September for an opening. Once I explained what was happening, she got me in the next day. That's more like it! This means getting up and dressed two days in a row (it sure doesn't take me long to fall into my old habits!) for this appointment. And, I'll miss water exercises because of it, too, but need to get it looked into.
I have to laugh at myself sometimes---laugh, or cry. I got the new washer in July when the CO kids were here, and then a week or so later I left for WI. Now that I am back here and using the new machine, it makes sounds that I don't yet recognize. I am getting exercise running to check that all is well. One time I ran in there and it was actually my neighbor's machine making the racket. Whew! It doesn't sound as though it's working all that hard but makes other noises when it changes cycles. This will take some getting used to, but in the meantime, it's a workout for me and my nerves. 

No comments: