My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bad football day...

...but nice day at the gallery! Sadly, I did not win any prizes at Great Hang Ups for my entry in the photography show, "My Home Town", but it's not too late for people to vote for my piece. It is most certainly true that it's an honor to be nominated, or, juried in, as the case might be. Whew! I am presently 6 for 6, with one being shown at the Thrasher Horne Center in 2008. Not yet having a submitted piece juried out. So, I am careful what and where I enter exhibits. Keeping my head down, as it were. 
Morning Lights The Club

This photo was taken in September of 2010 before The Great Flood happened. Kerry, my sister, was here visiting from WI and was on the bulkhead fishing in the early morning hours. Usually I was yet in bed at this hour of the day and didn't see The Club in this light. Had to grab the shot and am so glad I did. She caught some fish and I caught this photograph!

While we were having the opening reception, the Jaguars were struggling to get some points on the board against the Colts. People have been clamoring for a change in quarterbacks since the preseason with the coaching staff resistant to bringing their rookie in so quickly. The Packers were having an equally hard time as well, with both teams ending up with losses when it was all over. Ugh! I did get to see the fly-over jets in formation going up the river as I drove to Great Hang Ups. Earlier in the week the Met Life blimp flew over The Club, supposedly here for the first home game of the season. 
Justin made mini-cherry pies for me to take along to the opening reception. He is a sweetie for doing this for me. This a.m. he made mini-pizza muffins to take along for tailgating with his friends, always a hit. His muffin pans get a workout around here. I did manage to secure a few of the pies to bring back home with me plus a few pieces of others' treats to enjoy when watching the end of the game. Next week will be a dandy football Sunday with two games on for us to watch---the Packers and the Jags both aired locally! We will be couch potatoes here and perhaps pizza eaters, we'll see!

No comments: