My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Princess and the Pea

I am that princess!  Today Nancy W. and I went back to Ross for Less to exchange or return items we bought last week. One of my new tops was not flattering on me, and something she bought did not work out, either. It's never an in and out deal with Nancy, as she is like a great white hunter, on the lookout for the good sales. Last year she picked up a new swimsuit for me at Ross, sending me photos of them and letting me choose which one I wanted. My personal shopper!  Now she is trying to convert me to a full-time Ross shopper.

Together we walked around the store and she found a black skirt for herself. Since I had gotten two tops last week, I was not really in the market for clothes. But when we got to the housewares stuff, I decided to purchase a new set of sheets. The price was so good, the color was right, and the thread count was high enough to give me hope that they'd hold up for me. And, they were 1/3 the original price! I had stripped my bed and washed the sheets this a.m. before we left so it was all ready for the new ones. I ran them through a short wash cycle, dried them, and got the new sheets on my bed. Now we'll see if this princess will feel the pea or if these sheets will do the trick for me. 

A few days ago Justin asked me how much pedicures were and I told him about $20 or so. He said, "That's cheaper than buying new sheets all the time..." Yeah, he is right about that! Then he went on to compare my rough feet to wearing ice skates to bed----no wonder my sheets pill!!  Oh, that guy is so funny!  I will give the old sheets (purchased in October when Linda was here, also at a discount place) to Connie. She can use them to cover plants when it gets cold or as drop cloths when she paints. You don't need a high thread count when painting or covering shrubs, and they don't mind the pills either!

No comments: