My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, March 2, 2015

I'm sure it wasn't the food...

...but no sooner did my guests leave my home after the luncheon last Friday did I hit my bed. Something came over me, not exhausted from the preparations or hosting the event. No, it was something different. My stomach was stuffed which is expected after this veritable feast we enjoyed, and I just wished to sleep. And I did, after getting one load of dishes into the machine. I went to sleep for a couple of hours, waking in time to chat with Linda when The Five came on. I told Justin that even if someone called to go have dinner, I would refuse, still feeling so very full.

I slept after The Five, getting up only to use the bathroom, all night. Still having the full feeling but not actually being sick, Justin was quite concerned that the food did this. Since no one else contacted me about not feeling well, I was not so quick to blame his food. I did eat far more than I would normally given the courses. AND, I ate more stuff I don't usually eat, such as fruit. We had the strawberry soup, fruit salad, and fruit in the chicken salad. I don't know, grasping at straws here as to what was going on. Eating fruit should not make someone drowsy, I wouldn't think.

Most of Saturday was spent sleeping away, or resting, hardly able to muster the strength to go to the kitchen for soda. I didn't care for the smell of the chicken salad when I opened the fridge. I simply attributed that to not feeling well. Justin loved it and ate it up, no bad effects. I had every intention of taking care of the clean up in the kitchen after the luncheon but had a tough time mustering the ambition to do so. Justin helped put away the dishes and I put the next batch into the machine. All but one serving bowl fit in the dishwasher which was pretty good for that number of pieces. 

Nancy W. had asked me to dinner on Saturday night as she was making spaghetti but I had to decline, even though I was feeling somewhat better by dinner time. Still not up to eating and I didn't want to make a scene or anything at her house. It was best for me to just stay close to home and do more resting. 

By Sunday morning I was back on my feet and able to attend Bible study, worship, and go to lunch, like nothing happened. It was such an odd thing, probably a 24 hour bug of some kind that simply corresponded with the luncheon. I didn't feel bad prior to the ladies coming or when they were here, but less than 30 minutes after the door closed, I hit my bed. Wow, that was weird! Glad I was able to sleep it off and resume normal activities by Sunday. Hate to miss church and time with my friends, you know!

No comments: