My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Green Street at last!

This morning started out great with a visit from Linda. She was over at church first counting the offerings from yesterday and then popped up to Mom's for a bit. I was able to bestow a gift upon her, sent along in my luggage from Nancy to her. It was a collectible teapot that Nancy's mother had had. Linda told her at one time that she collected teapots, which I was not aware, so as Nancy was going through her mom's things, thought Linda would appreciate this one. And she does!!  

She stuck around at Mom's for a while as the cleaning lady was busy at her house on the other side of town. Linda doesn't wish to get underfoot. Mom and I were waiting for Lori to arrive, hoping for around noon or so, so Linda went her own way. It turned out Lori didn't arrive until closer to dinner time, as she had a doctor appointment to go to before leaving her home, four hours away. Since we ladies had time to kill, Lynn picked us up and off we went to have ice cream at Jill's parlor. 
 My cherry sundae, the special of the day
Notice Mom is wearing her coat. It was so cold today!

Lori loves to eat out as much as I do. Her request for dinner was to go to the Green Street Tavern which we did, the 'we' being us four girls. Lori, Lynn, Jill, and I enjoyed a fun and delicious time together. The owner of the place greeted me as we were leaving, knowing I come from FL just to have Green Street perch. He said, "We'll be seeing you again!" Mom wanted nothing brought back for her, not even poppyseed torte. Her loss. 

Lori and I sat at the table and talked once we got home to Mom's. Mom is sleeping in the living room while Lori is here because she sleeps her best in the chair anyway. Lori likes to stay up later than do Mom and I, so she gets Mom's room where she can read and not bother anyone, and also have the window open for fresh air. Mom and I like it warm but Lori needs to be cool. Lori therefore sleeps later so will have to be quiet in the morning. It works out, just for these couple of nights.  I'm just glad I get to see her and spend some time with her on my visit.

No comments: