My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fun with my friends

It was a gorgeous day this morning with a cloudless sky, perfect for exercise class. We have had fewer of these type of days this summer which is most unusual. It's unfortunate that we are having too much rain when areas of the country, namely CA, are longing for rain. That is the way weather patterns go sometimes so we get too much and others none at all. But, today, we were able to have our class and have full sunshine. 

Immediately after class wrapped up, though, I had to bustle myself in and get my clothes changed. Nancy W. and I were meeting Maureen (Mo) for lunch at The Club and then doing our school supply transfer. Nancy brought her stuff to my house, pulling her gardening wagon behind her. Brilliant!!  We ladies had a marvelous lunch inside The Club, something new for Mo. She gets her meals out at the cabana otherwise, like I do all summer long. 
Following lunch, Mo drove her car over here and met us at the elevator. This was her first ever visit to my home, but not for lack of being asked. Whenever I've had something, Ro and she would be otherwise occupied. With both of them working and having 8 kids plus grandbabies, yes, they are busy!  Anyway, she was entirely blown away by the school supplies Nancy and I had for her. We loaded all of them into Nancy's wagon and they took the stuff down to Mo's car. Good thing Nancy kept those boxes so the items were corralled for the short drive home. 

This evening Justin and I were happy to eat at home, finishing off our leftovers from Mojo's and The Club, plus what he brought home from Pam's house Sunday. She made him an enormous cake covered with candy. There were gummy Lifesavers, Skittles, M & M's, and other decorative candies on the top and sides of the cake. It covered a glass serving tray, huge!!  We'll be eating on that for a week!  

Justin just tears me up sometimes!!  As we were watching Jeopardy! after dinner, he looked up and saw this boat pulling up outside our windows. He jokingly said, "Your boyfriends are here to watch you change your clothes..." Oh, how I laughed!!! I've said that in the past, how boats and helicopters come by, waiting to see me change clothes in my unshuttered room. These guys were a bit too early though, and by the time I was getting ready for bed, they were gone. Still makes me laugh, the deadpan way he announced this to me. Such a card!

No comments: