My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

I am here!

Michael picked me up before 7:00 am this morning for the airport ride, with Justin getting up long enough to wheel my luggage down and say good-bye to his mama. He'd had a long night with very short sleep after the wedding plus his buddy was coming home with him which is why he wasn't driving to the airport. God bless Michael and his kindness! 

I had a long wait at the curbside check-in and a guy told me it was just as long inside. Everyone leaving at once, I guess.  The line for the security was long, too, over 30 minutes. I had plenty of time but was nervous for the couple in line with me who were afraid of missing their flight due to the long lines. I hope they made it. 

Once again I set off the alarm by forgetting to remove my phone. I did all the rest of the stuff right, but forgot the phone. That is the 3rd time I've done it and pretty soon you would think I'd remember. About an hour after being dropped off at the curb, I was seated in the waiting area. I do well at the Jax airport, far better than at the MKE one. MKE has such a long hike from the plane to the baggage claim area. Yikes!  The shuttle people assured me they would wait for me so I did not have to rush. 

I had nice folks in the van with a very nice driver. One couple was just returning from a Caribean cruise, coming back to a snow storm!  The other man chose to ride in the back seat  so he could stretch his leg out, due to a recent knee replacement. I rode shot gun! The roads were clear and after we left Sheboygan, droppng off the couple, there was no more snow. I guess all the excitement was for naught, though the southern part of the State got over a foot of snow.  I as so happy to get here to Mom's. Lynn had delicious sugar cookies ready for me, which I needed because I was quite hungry. So good!
Later Lynn, Jill, and I had dinner at The Green Street Tavern. We all three had the perch with beer cheese soup. Oh, my, was that ever good. Thankfully the place wasn't terribly busy so we could sit and enjoy our meals. Mom didn't want to join us nor did she want any food brought home for her. She would have loved the cheese soup. I sure did. Looking forward to going to bed and get much needed physical rest. So much sitting and but the walking in the airport puts me away!

My travel was mostly uneventful, the worst part was a slight delay leaving out of ATL because Milwaukee could not keep up de-icing planes. That meant there was no place for us to park once we landed in MKE.  At first the delay was an hour but was shortened to about 35 minutes which was okay for me.  I don't know if anyone else was going to be connecting from MKE but it didn't seem like folks were getting frantic or anything. I did let the shuttle service know of my delay and they said they were monitoring the flights. Four total on my flight were using the same shuttle so I was going to have company. Good! Thanking the Lord for a safe flight and no snow and getting home to Mom's and for perch with my sisters! 

No comments: