My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, December 4, 2015

My last day in Manty

Today went by in a flurry!  I was up bright and early as a former school mate of mine asked me to go for coffee this morning.  Yes!, I can do that plus asked her to take me to Festival for the fresh cheese curds. My friend, Wendy, who works there, told me they are fresh on Friday mornings. Debbie picked me up and away we went to McDonalds for our visit. I had soda and she had a gourmet coffee with our hash browns.  Once finished she took me to the store where I grabbed five bags of fresh curds to take with me to FL.  Some people will be so happy to have them!



She dropped me off at mom's where Mom and I watched some TV. Each of us took a little rest as well. In the afternoon Linda picked me up and we met a friend of ours, Joanie, at Perkins for some pie.  Who says no to that?  I hadn't seen Joanie in decades, in person.  She reminded me that I sang for her wedding at First German 42 years ago.  Holy cow! 

Our time catching up was great fun, even the waitress got into it with us! Joanie just got back from a trip to Israel and it was fascinating to hear her stories. Joanie's mom and Tommy' s mom were step cousins, both refugees from Russia during the war. Both were wonderful ladies. 

Linda and her guests were going to eat perch somewhere so Linda dropped me off once again at mom's.  Tearful good byes were made there as I won't see Linda again for a long time. Or Joanie ever I bet!
Jill took my picture at The Charcoal Grille. Boy, I so badly need a haircut

Mom, Lynn, Jill, and I went to The Charcoal Grille for dinner. Mom and I shared a French dip sandwich which was just right for us both.  I shared onion straws with the table. Delicious! Jill ordered an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms and got a heaping plate of them. It was almost comical seeing that in front of her plus her meal. She took the majority home to have another time.  Lynn had fish and chips which was a huge portion so took most of hers home as well. What a good finish to my two weeks in Manty!  Good night, and good bye!

No comments: