My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Lunch with Miss Brenda

Yesterday I had lunch with Nancy W. at The Club for fried chicken day, and last night Justin and I had dinner with Judy and Michael at Metro Diner. I was so glad to have the invitation and we very much enjoyed our meal and the time together. 

Because of my dance card being full yesterday, I had to decline an invitation to meet Brenda for lunch. Today, though, was going to work for us to meet up. I drove over to Steak 'n Shake, arriving about the same time as she did. Brenda is such a good friend, a long time friend, and I cherish her. She tried to arrange for Jimmie to join us if he got back to the office in time but sadly, he did not make it. I would have loved to see him!  

Yesterday I got many many contacts from people extending their thoughts, prayers, and words of comfort on this anniversary. They mean more than I can express, I am so thankful for all the kind words, and the memories people shared. Brings a smile to my heart and to my face, thinking about them all!

Some of the remembrances were about Timmy wearing his heavy winter coat, even when it was warm out (just like his mama!), and how one of the teachers at Precious Lambs would sit and rock him to sleep, telling him secrets. These are the things which bring comfort, and I appreciate everyone's sharing of them.

No comments: