My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, March 11, 2016

My kind of day

This morning when I woke up, I thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone will want to do anything today..." as I made my way to the other room. When I came back, my phone went off with a text message from my friend and neighbor, Kathy H. She wondered if I was Grumpy today. I answered that of course I was, asking if she wanted lunch or breakfast. She said she wanted lunch today but also wanted a breakfast next week. I can do that! 

In the meantime, though, while going back and forth with Kathy, Terri beeped in and asked me about breakfast. I had to ask her to hold until finding out what Kathy decided. It worked better for Kathy to meet for lunch so breakfast it was with Terri. This is so doable!

Since Terri was working from home, she suggested we meet at Cracker Barrel so I hightailed it over there, making record time from my cozy bed to the table in the dining room. Because of my lunch plans, I chose carefully from the menu, ordering the biscuits with gravy which was perfectly sized. And so delicious! I brought home two and a half biscuits, one which was Terri's plus a container of gravy for another time. 

After Terri and I had an excellent talk, I was home again at 10:30. I just love days like this! Anyway, I got situated at my desk, thinking I had about an hour or so before leaving to meet Kathy. At 11:20, Kathy let me know she was done with errands and was ready whenever I was. I needed about 5 minutes as I was in the midst of sending out a mass e-mail for church and had to wrap it up. When I got downstairs, Kathy was pulling up with her car to drive us over to Grumpy's. Nice!  

She had her usual salad plate and I had my usual of a cheeseburger and fries. We had a great catching up conversation, post-wedding of her niece, so I got to hear all about it. I brought home half the burger, as is customary, and a nice soda to-go. 

Kathy dropped me off at home and from there I jumped into my car to head to the Island Wal-Mart to pick up my prescription. I'd been trying to get one changed to a lesser priced one. Somehow or another, the doctor's office was having a tough time making this happen, instead re-sending the original, with the price going up each time. What? 

I got a text message saying a script was ready for me at $9 which would be correct. Wonderful! Oops! The doctors' office sent them the script for my bp medication refill, so I took that, but then had to put the another incorrect cholesterol lowering medication back yet again. The lady I was working with was getting quite frustrated and said she'd keep trying for me. I had also contacted the MD's office about it earlier in the week, thinking I had explained it well enough, too. Nope!

A little while ago I got a phone call from Wal-Mart pharmacy again, saying that now the doctor's office had sent over a different medication again, this one priced at $89. Whoa, we were going the wrong way on the pricing. Brittany was frustrated and said she was going to try one more time to fax them to get it straightened out and urged me to call them on Monday to be sure. I promised I would and thanked her for her efforts. She felt so badly about this and the futile attempt to save some money, insisting the two medications were identical in 'family' so should not have stymied anyone. If need be, I will stop in at the doctor's office, as much as I don't wish to, to get it all straight. It is almost comical already. I wonder how high these prices can go??

No comments: