My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pentecost and a party

Mom and I rode to church with Jill this am because I like to arrive early enough to do some greeting. I enjoy seeing the people I usually see only on-line or twice a year, and exchanging pleasantries with them all. 

It is Pentecost Sunday but the only red I had to wear were shoes and my earrings. Sure could have used my red coat today, as it was only in the low 30's when we got up.  Man, it was bitter! I wore my black camisole under my top for an added layer of warmth, but it didn't help much. Glad I had a three season coat here at Mom's to use. 

We sang good hymns, love the pipe organ accompanying. The Bible study was interesting as well, discussing the OT and NT covenants. It is relatively fast-paced which sort left Mom in the dust, she reported. The same was true when she studied this topic with Kathy W.---too many to keep track of!

After church Mom, Lynn, and I headed to Perkins (Jill had to go to work) and met Tommy and Linda there. We had a long wait for a table, relatively speaking, and then a longer wait for our meals. It was so busy in there today!  I enjoyed our time together around the table, the passing of time mattered little. 

Lynn dropped us at home again and Mom and I came upstairs to our chilly home. We decided to turn up the thermostat but neither of us could get warmed up. (Around 8 pm Mom realized the patio door had popped open but I don't believe it was open all day).  Lynn picked up Mom and me later afternoon to drive to Sheboygan for Manny's birthday party. His other grandma, Ofie, treated us all to pizza and cake and refused our money. She did allow us to leave a tip . 
Anita holding Alan, Ofie, Noah, Jill, and Mom
Lynn, Angelo, Gabe, Manny, and me (Juanita is taking the photo)

Another couple in the vicinity of our group chose to move so we could use their table for our growing number. I was so thankful for them moving that I asked the waitress for their bill. As they were leaving, the Mrs stopped at our table to say thanks, say they were so surprised someone did this for them. She handed Manny a $10 and said the former sheriff of Sheboygan County said 'happy birthday. Wow, that was nice of them. I met some of Ofie's family, one girl who did not speak English, with an adorable long-haired baby. When I get home, I will post photos of the day. I was glad to be able to be in on a celebration for one of the kids. 
 
In the top photo is a relative of Noah's holding baby, Alan, who is three months old. I have never seen that much hair on an infant in my life. He was born with that head of hair, even down to his collar in the back. In the bottom photo is sweet Angelo.

Mom and I are spending the rest of the evening with the Hallmark Channell. I think I'll go to bed early, I am weary from the partying! Good night all. 

No comments: