My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy news and sad news

Today I heard the awful reports from the Director of the FBI regarding the female presidential candidate. I thought I'd just look on-line to see what I could find to read about this situation. What I did find was a news report that in the very early hours of the morning one of my neighbors and pool frequenter lost his life in a roll-over accident. Josh was only 33 years old, lived with his sister on the property, and had been poolside on the busy 4th of July. I only greeted him as he walked past me as I was in the pool. He and his sister found chairs beyond the baby pool so were not handy to where I was seated. Now I missed my last chance to have a visit with him. I am glad to know that he was a church-going man and attended men's Bible study with one of my other friends. I am so sad about this, nothing good happens after midnight.

The good news is that Linda let me know she has her travel arranged to come for a visit at the end of August. She is not coming alone, however----Tom and their son, Matthew, are coming for a few days in order to go deep sea fishing. At long last, the Old Man and the Sea will be reunited!!! Tommy just LOVED our deep sea fishing trip back in 2004. I am so happy about this, especially so since my friend, Nancy W., is anxious to meet him. She has heard so many Tommy stories and now he will need to live up to them! Linda gets to stay a while after they are gone back to Manty. I love it! He hasn't been here since 2006, Justin's graduation and Matthew has never been. I hope to show them a good time! 

No comments: