My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, May 22, 2017

Wisconsin trip in photos

From May 6 to the 20th I spent time in Manitowoc with my family and friends. Part of that time included worship, Bible study, school activities for my nephews, and yes, even dining out! 

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and indoor
This Sunday was Examination/Confirmation Sunday. 9 students answered questions and gave witness of their faith based on the Catechismal studies and did a fine job of it. 
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, eating, table, food and indoor
Linda and I had lunch together at the Courthouse Pub on Monday. We had a great time together! She ate all her salad, but I couldn't eat all my burger and fries. I'd rather talk, anyway

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
I absolutely refused to take my coat to WI but fortunately Mom had one of my 'old' jackets in the closet yet. Needed it almost every day! Linda and I went shopping and such in Two Rivers and I found this 'original' bubbler in Schroeder's Dept. Store. Had to take a sip!
Image may contain: indoor
Linda and I also went shopping and to lunch in Green Bay one day. Oh, my!!!  Our friend, Debbie H, had told us about a big sale happening at CJ Banks and I really cleaned up. People who have to look at me will be glad to see me wearing some new tops. Once back in Manitowoc, Lynn and I went shopping at Kohl's on her day off and I got a few more tops there. Such good sales---can it really be end-of-season this early in May?? At the checkout in Kohls I was struck by this display of items from the Golden Book series. When Justin was little, he enjoyed Golden Books and one particular video, "The Great Harbor Rescue" which I could put on twice for him after we got home from work/day care. In that period of time, I somehow magically threw our dinner together. Those days are a blur but we still have our VHS tape of 'the get up and go' movie!
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, kitchen and indoor
Jill's son, Jamie, messaged Lynn while we were at the Coffee Shop the Saturday before Mother's Day to report his boys and he were coming up for a surprise visit. We were to not say anything and they would surprise her at Grandma K's. Jill wept when she saw them in Mom's kitchen and put big hugs on them. Jamie could only stay the day but that was nice that he came. Later Lynn had her grandsons come and they went to play in the park across the street from Mom and Jill's building. It's not often the cousins get to see each other, much else play, so this was great!

No comments: