My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Love when my friends meet!

My day began with a last meal with Terri for a long while as she is leaving tomorrow morning for a vacation to Indiana with Charles. His family lives there and other than traveling up for his sister's funeral, they haven't spent 'good' time together. When Terri and I are together, it's also a good time. She brought Justin a funny birthday card about being 30, with a gift card inside. Nice! 

We enjoyed our breakfasts, Justin having his meal and I had my new favorite breakfast sandwich. Terri mixed it up today with a different choice than the Fruity Nutty Waffle she likes to get. She was planning to go see Gretchen one more time before her vacation. She is a doll! We hugged and kissed, then parted company, and headed back home.

I worked at my desk for a while before heading to the pool to have lunch with Debbie and her granddaughter, Violet. Dick is gone on a golf outing so the 'girls' were enjoying a pool day. Debbie has completed her radiation treatments following the lumpectomy and still has to protect the site of the treatment which is raw yet like a sunburn. She and I sat in the shade under the umbrella and watched Violet play in the baby pool. 

Something so cool happened, though. My new 'friend' from the neighborhood, also named Deborah, was talking to me from the pool, telling me that the Chef had hired one of her boys from the school where she teaches 'at risk' boys. I was glad to help facilitate that and glad that she shared the news with me. I, then, introduced the two Deborahs to each other and she joined our table. They had so much to talk about since Debbie runs the Teen Court in Clay County and is always looking for participants and the other Deborah is looking for outlets to help her students. LOVE IT!!! 

They are making plans to get together and see what can be worked out between the school and Teen Court, and Deborah might even get to help Debbie as a volunteer. The students who help with Teen Court can earn their service hours this way and learn much in the process. I am so excited for these ladies, for their efforts on behalf of the kids, and for The Club for extending the opportunity to these kids who are trying to get straightened out. God's blessings abounding!!!

No comments: