My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Welcome to my world!!!

Welcome to my first blog! Thanks to Justin, who helped me find a template, I can write to many people at one time and perhaps avoid repeating myself or missing someone with news or information! Also, I love a captive audience!
*
This photo of me was taken while standing on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, Italy, when Justin and I visited there in 2006. The garish jewelry, my passion, was made for me by Lisa, my niece. It's a pleasure to wear the jewelry made by my family and friends. Today I am wearing the necklace and earrings made by Lori, my sister---red with gold and black swirls, sort of blown-glass looking. Looks wonderful with the lovely ruby red blouse which Mom gave me for CHRISTmas.
*
I'm still wearing my church clothes as this evening Justin and I are joining the Hilchey family for dinner at The Capital Grille at the Town Center Mall. We managed to get the first available opening they had for today.
*
This is going to be funky week for me (and perhaps my readers as well) as tomorrow marks the 7th anniversary of Timmy's death. I could call it something else but choose to refer to it exactly what it is--death. He left earth, having completed his life's work in the Lord, and now circles the Throne of the Most High singing "Holy, holy, holy" with the saints and angels. Hard to get upset about that, isn't it? What glory he now experiences, while we are left here to carry on the work, to help extend the Kingdom, sharing the Good News of salvation with those who haven't heard yet!
*
Timmy's story has a happy ending, and I pray that everyone that reads this blog will have the same happy ending on their last day! Later!




4 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Oh my, I get to correct my own blog!!! I chose the wrong spelling of throne, please excuse, as I had tears in my eyes. That will be my standard excuse from this day forward, as well as being quick on the trigger when it comes to hitting "publish".....is there an "edit" button to push instead???

anniejo said...

Hi Kim,
I love your blog. Can I have one too?

AnnieJo

Unknown said...

I found your blog. I love it. we just talked for an hour and I have so much more to say. It will have to keep till I visit in Feb. I can't wait!
Love you lots!

chris n. said...

Kim,

I am impressed.