My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No problem seeing Mandarin today!

It's nice and clear today, and I must confess to being the tiniest bit warm sitting here in my window. A few shore birds are walking about below, looking as though their feet are in molasses. The water level is low, exposing some funky looking sand, colored by the yellow pollen that also covers my car. When Linda was here, I told her my car was the red one with yellow blotches, and she picked it out right away!
*
Last night I had a nice chat with Barb, my sister-in-law from Green Bay, regarding their pending visit. As badly as I want them to come here to see my place, I had to caution about the elevator being out of service when they come. She seems to think they can manage the stairs for that visit, and I'll probably make them a lovely meal so we can eat in, limiting the number of trips up and down. Unfortunately, my other in-laws from South Florida won't be able to see my home because Marian can't make the stairs at all. She missed out coming here for Justin's graduation, as she left the party hall before we took it home, so to speak. My parents-in-law and Marian have never been up here, and now my mother-in-law has gone to heaven. She has a better view than I have!

No comments: