My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The river is like glass.......

...it looks very smooth with jewels floating on top. Quite different from yesterday with the nasty weather we had earlier in the day.
*
Lynx and I were awake a couple times already this morning but I finally had to give in and get up to stay. The sun beckoned me, as did the bathroom! TMI...
*
The newsletter was finished more or less last night, however there still is editing to do in the daylight hours. No matter how many times it's read through, some boo boos sneak onto the pages. What goes on when I'm asleep?
*
Saturday went by quickly, starting with a lovely breakfast with the church ladies at Honey B's. I'd reserved for 12 people for 9:30 a.m. and when I arrived, found a small group already in place---at a table for 6. Well, that wasn't going to work and truthfully speaking, the place was a beehive! Hence, the name....No one could really tell us what was happening or stop long enough to help us out. Finally a table emptied nearby and we corralled a young lady to help us move furniture to accommodate our group. Only one person didn't show, which is a far cry better than the last outing to Mediterrania where more than half that signed-up didn't show....ouch!!!
*
As I said, Honey B's was a veritable beehive and we aren't exactly sure who our waitress was, but we were kept full of drinks for the long wait on our meals. The conversation flowed, never a doubt about that, and if we're going to be stuck in a restaurant, these are the folks to be stuck with. Not to make it sound worse than it was, by 11:00 am we were out the door, which is nice length of time for ladies to socialize. In my opinion, it was the franticness of the staff which cause some to feel frantic---frenzy is catchy, you know. We should have had the de-caf!
*
Oops, I see it is nearly time to leave for church. I'll have to post another later on. This afternoon is an art show for a friend up at Great Hang Ups and later is pizza/game night at church. I am missing Jesse's birthday party because of pizza/game night but at least I'll get to play Scrabble with Paul and Emily again!
*
Blessings on your worship today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda and I were discussing you and Justin today. Did she call you? She said she needed a Kim fix. Also she said that you didn't blog for two days. Sorry I was under the weather kind of so I never even checked. Luckily we are to get only 1-2 inches of snow I guess. Jamies could get 8 or more. had two nice days and some ice and snow did melt but not enough. Got to see Lisa and the boys today. Manny even sat on my lap for awhile. Next weeken I will get to hold Bryson. I can't wait for you to finally meet him. Guess they may come for Easter. Homework time so I shall go. Love you!