My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is that all she does? Cry?

Of course not, it only seems that way! My eyes are about swollen shut again after seeing "The Bucket List" the second time. This viewing was with Twila and her visiting sister, Elaine. It was just as wonderful as the first time, although knowing ahead of time what's going to happen takes away some of the edge, as one would expect. It probably would be a good idea for me to take a rest, at least my eyes, before heading out to a fund raiser for Travis later on. Another event, another change of clothes.....

Thus far I haven't heard from Justin, as I was out much of the day and he has school all day Thursdays. I'd like to know what he's thinking about today, if he's upset about yesterday's news or simply concentrating on the things which he can affect--grades!

This late morning I met Jen and Martie at Pengree's, enjoying a wonderful meal and visit. Martie had to leave for work but Jen and I were a bit later leaving as, strange as this is to believe, I met up with someone I knew. Hugging and conversation and more hugging ensued in the parking lot, so I was nearly late to the movie theater. I called Twila to let her know I was running behind so they got their tickets and saved a seat for me. As it turned out, I managed to locate a convenient parking spot, rare at the movies, and found my friends in plenty of time. We watched and wept, ate our popcorn, and then left the theater in the midst of a rain storm! Of course, cold and wet, my favorites! And Twila had just mentioned going to the beach one of these coming days..........supposed to be 80 tomorrow and hopefully sunny!

Thanks to all who have replied to my first blog yesterday about Justin's hearing loss. Sorry that the Comment thingy is on the fritz but e-mails are just as welcome. Your prayers are appreciated, including those of thanksgiving for it not being even worse than it is!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is me again. The lunar eclipse was jsut beautifaul but I didn't see the orange. I can't wait to see The Bucket List. Of course I will wait till it comes out on DVD. It is possible that we may get more snow next week. Pray for us please.

Kim Lahaie Day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good morning,

I was moved to tears when I read you blog. It sounds like you had a rather long emotional day. Please tell Justin I send my love, and I will surely keep him and you in my prayers, tho of course you know both of you are already there..

I was just saying to Lynn and your mom last night that I miss it when you don’t write something every day. Lynn said the same thing. My life is so routine that I look forward to see what you are doing.

I got to see the eclipse from my living room last night. It was, as you say, spectacular!

I am freezing here today, usually it’s too warm, but today its only 67 degrees in my office, and outside it is three degrees below zero! Burrrrrrr

Well off to work for me, I look forward to reading your blog!!

Love and icy kisses.

Linda