My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

What does it mean when the moon turns orange?

Good evening, all!
*
Well, I am back home after church and choir practice tonight, feeling a bit worn out after the news and such earlier. We rehearsed "Jerusalem, the Golden", again singing with tears running down my cheeks. Makes it a bit difficult to hit those high notes. It's truly a lovely anthem, sung to a melody called "Jupiter", from an orchestral piece called "The Planets", described as being "stately". It is all that, particularly with Suzanne playing the viola and Robbie accompanying on the organ. I wish we could get someone else to play to the organ so that Robbie could play his trumpet, but.......I guess we'll get by with viola, organ, and me sobbing my eyes out!
*
The good news is that as we were leaving church after choir practice we were able to see the moon eclipsing. It was not quite done so I drove home as quickly as I could to watch the finale. At first the clouds were blurring it but then when I took another peak, ta da! Red orange in color, making the clouds around it look the same hue...gorgeous and phenomenal. I hope that is the appropriate word choice there. Yep, it is the perfect explanation for what we've seen tonight: extraordinary and remarkable--thanks Miriam Webster! Judy just sent a quick e-mail reporting that she took pictures of our shared moon (saying she was out mooning on her deck!) and commented it was an absolutely perfect night in MN....probably it, too, was phenomenal!!
*
Thanks for the kind, caring words and thoughts about Justin's hearing loss. I'll pass those along to him tomorrow. Cindy, you're my biggest fan, and I yours!!! The Lord's continued blessings to you all!