My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, June 20, 2008

A fun day in the sun!

Martie and the boys have left for the day, since Little Mark's daddy is picking up the boys when he gets done working. Bubba came upstairs to look at my house while ManMan searched room by room for Lynx. He was quite disappointed to hear that Boots has moved. Mark wanted to know if those people were my friends, as though he wanted to go visit Boots or was concerned for his well-being. I didn't tell him the whole story of the cats using the beds as litter boxes......no need to dredge THAT whole mess up again!
*
The pizza lady found us just fine pool side but had to run back to her car to get the sodas. She could have skipped the pizza but please don't forget the sodas! Not to worry, she came up with them. We had the Cheeselover's thick crust,nice and filling for the boys who are eating Martie out of house and home, but they seemed more interested in swimming than eating. It was hot enough outside to keep the pizza hot, not a problem if they wished to wait. We ladies had a great chat, poolside is perfect for chit chat, even with the occasional call for "MeeMaw" from the pool.
*
While enjoying our time, Jen called to ask if I had plans for dinner tonight because she was soooo hungry for O'Charley's yeast rolls. Oh, yes, indeed, I am free and looking forward to having dinner with them. She was going to see if Rick's folks were available, too, since Grandma was feeling poorly on Father's Day, vetoing our plans for lunch. I hope I get to see them, at least Grandma. She is a cool old lady. Tomorrow is a special event at the MOSH Museum and Friendship Park, complete with visits from the Marvel comics characters. Ironman is one name I recognized. Jen was going to call for the tickets and I hope she got them, I'll find out tonight.
*
My plans to spend Saturday with Justin got blown out of the water though and I am not only a little disturbed about it. He's been carpooling to work and also been out on jobsites this past week so we had no lunches together at all. If he was available, I was not or vice versa. So, we'd planned on a day together for tomorrow complete with movie, dinner, church....until he got a text message from his roommate saying "they" decided to go to Tallahassee after all. Which means absolutely nothing, since this was totally all news to me. He asked me for "permission" to go, and being the mother supreme that I am, said, in my best Jewish-guilt-inspired voice, "Go, have fun with your friends. Leave me here all alone....." Thanks, Mom!!! You're the best!!! On the bright side, he didn't ask me for any money!!!
*
Jesse, Ron, and Justin are heading across the state to visit Jesse and Ron's friend, Daryl, and go diving. Justin said he won't dive but will find something else to do while they are out, since they can only dive once each day anyhow. Of course, I asked him who was driving, is he a safe driver, wear your seatbelt....He assured me that he always wears the belt, feels secure with the seatbelt on, and reminded me that he's "a very safe kid", adding, "You know why". Yes, I do, but he's not alone on this adventure so additional precautions must be taken. He said he's going to stay in touch via telephone which helps to ease my troubled heart.
*
Well, Jen called to say they are ready to go so here I dash off again. I haven't talked to Mom yet today but might call her on the way to the restaurant to see how she did. Hopefully she felt good enough to attend the funeral service at church. Lynn said Mom was at 7 3/4 on the 1 to 10 scale so certainly today, with her new antibiotics, she'll be good as new. Mom found out she has some rare UTI infection only now showing up in the "elderly". Ouch! No one wants to hear that! It's called "aerococcis urinale" or close to that, so has to take amoxicillin to knock it down. Lynn's going to ask the doctor about the patches for motion sickness to see if she likes those better than Dramamine. Lynn is truly "The Good Daughter"--TGD, and I thank God for her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom did very well at the funeral today. I wish I could have been the good daughter more but I did get her some jello, fruit and string cheese to eat. I brought up laundry but she assured me that Kerry and Alayna could do it for her. Tomorrow if I remember when I leave wrok I will make her another shake. She likes those even though it takes her all night to finish one.

Anonymous said...

We can't also forget our wonderful niece Alayna who got the ball rolling by taking Grandma to the walk in clinic. what a blessing and jou that Alayna is.