My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm just sitting here waiting for my sugar to show.....

That is the first line of a Joni Mitchell song called "Car on a Hill", where she is waiting not-so-patiently for her beau to arrive. In the song she laments that "he makes friends easy, he's not like me, I watch for judgment constantly". Don't we all know people such as this? Because the song was dancing in my brain, I had to turn off the radio and put on music. I think Lori's favorite album is the one I'm listening to, Court and Spark. If I called her now and just said the words, "he makes friends easy", she'd reply "he's not like me"...simple amusements we enjoy!
*
But, I truly am waiting for my sugars to show, as Martie and her two grands are coming over to share pizza and go swimming. Her older grandson, affectionately known as "Bubba" begs to live with her always, and she'd love to accommodate him, but he would be separated from his twin sister and the rest of his family. Poor Martie! Decisions, decisions to make in your "developed years". (You will get tired of that expression long before I will!!!) I introduced you to Little Mark last week when we had lunch at Cracker Barrel. His older cousin is a handsome young man as well, I just have known ManMan since he was a toddler. He owns my heart, what can I say?
*
I put on my "pool pants" as Justin used to call them, first thing this a.m. so I am ready to go! Martie had to stop to get a pair of trunks for Bubba on the way over, since he didn't pack any for his visit. Tonight he is going home with Little Mark, to Bryceville, where they have a pool and hot tub to enjoy, so needs the trunks anyway.
*
A few boats have made their way up or down the river already, and a helicopter or two have passed by. It's pretty quiet yet for this time of day. Twila's sister from Kansas is coming into town today and they are heading down to the beach house in Daytona for a week's stay. Usually Elaine is here in the winter so this is great for her to enjoy the very beginnings of our summer weather. She can stick her toe into the ocean and then retreat to the pool for the balance of the visit. We hope to get together before her entourage has to go back home, but it may not happen. We'd often discussed having a scrapbooking weekend at Twila's beach house, and I'd still like to do that. Fortunately she gets it rented out fairly often which is terrific for generating revenue for her. It's hard to know what to wish for sometimes!
*
Martie just called to report that Little Mark fell asleep on the bed instead of getting his trunks on, so she's having troubles getting him to wake up. Guess he had a late night and it caught up to him. Good thing I held off ordering our lunch! I'm going to go down ahead of time to get started on the fun, because, you know what? You just never know what fun there is right around the corner!!!!

No comments: