My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, July 28, 2008

"Look away, I'm hideous!"

I just applied my daily tar and feather, actually only the tar, for my skin condition and feeling like Justin's reference to "leather faces"! Only, fortunately, mine washes off! At first I applied my mud a bit thicker because it came in a foil packet and I figured I had to use it all at once. This little dab goes a long way so I can still smile and laugh without it chipping away. I enjoy getting compliments on my skin, the lack of wrinkles on my face, to be precise, but am not crazy about the raised dots that might be a complete paragraph in Braille! This treatment really seems to be doing the trick, though, so I can stand looking "hideous" for 5-15 minutes a day!
*
The other night as I arrived at Publix on the Island, a car was pulling out of a stall near where I parked. The lady rolled down her window to shout, "I love your hair and your earrings!" Good thing it was dusk and she couldn't see my forehead! I thanked her and skipped into the store...The earrings were from Dee and Julia for my birthday, not any that Lori or Linda had made for me, unfortunately.
*
Saturday night was the Redneck Yacht Club Debutante Party for Olivia. I picked up Mrs. Huntley and off we went, with me leaving the directions on my kitchen counter. We two ladies just gabbed and gabbed all the way to Middleburg, getting to know each other better and such. I was fairly certain of where we were going since Justin and I were out that way two weeks ago, but my passenger had me turn on 218 instead of 215. Since I didn't have the directions to reference, Ms. Huntley had me pull into the Waffle House lot from where I called Sandy for verification. Once back on Blanding we drove a bit further to the correct road and then drove right up to the gate. We each did have the proper ID to get onto the base and got further directions from the guard. It was simple to find though by following the signs Hilchey's posted.
*
We were about the first to arrive and I got Mrs. Huntley settled before starting to take pictures. I got some shots of the cake, the decorated hall, the buffet set up, the introduction of all the debs in attendance, and then some. Olivia gave me a lovely art glass necklace as a thank you for taking the pictures, but I won't open it until I know she likes the photos!

This is the table set up in the lobby of the Officers' Club. Justin and I both appear in her collage of photos in the left hand frame.

No comments: