My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

During my chat with Linda this morning.....

.........we were talking about the wonderful things that go on in our lives, the simple pleasures that others miss out on, especially those where we can say, "Thank you, Lord!".
*
I told her that in my blog posting today I mentioned some of the things which have lifted my spirits recently, and remembered a very valuable and profound statement made by Justin. He was talking to me about a girl he knows, actually a woman, who "never has anything wise to say". My eyebrows went up because, gulp!, is that me he is talking about???? When I said something like that to him, immediately he came back, (himself being very wise!), saying, "Oh, no, you always have something wise to say!" Whew! I may not be very smart, but wise goes a long way. I told Linda I'd like that on my grave marker: "She always had something wise to say----wise aleck, wise _ _ _, or just plain wise!!" Make a note of that someone, please. Or, the marker could read: She always had something to say--period!
*
This will be my goal, to make sure I always have something wise to say. I told Linda, after she told me about a sermon Pastor Hahm gave from Proverbs, that I am going to make Proverbs my project, starting tomorrow. So there! Oh, you're going to hear it now, folks, hang on to your hats, we're going for a ride!
*
To all my Proverbs 31 friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my wise friend,
Like I said this morning, you are not only wise, sometimes you are profound! I am going to begin the study of Proverbs with you. I think it sounds like a "wise" idea!
Love you lots,
Linda

Peter Prange said...

I would say of you..."She always had something to say that would make me smile". I think that's better than wisdom (not saying that you're not wise too).

Hope you had great worship this morning!

Tarren

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren and the rest of the Pranges!!!

Thanks for your kind Comment this morning, I appreciate that! A smile is great disguise for wisdom, beats a furrowed brow by a long shot! I am going to need a much larger grave stone to accommodate all the things I'd like written on it!!!! Never am I 25 words or less.....

I am so looking forward to seeing my two little boys next week---I hope they are clean-shaven when they arrive!

Wish you were here!

Love and squeezes,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda, my heart!

I am going to see if our church library has the People's Bible of Proverbs, and if not, can order one from NPH. It's going to prove an interesting study, this is for certain. I am very glad Justin told me about the woman not having anything wise to say!

Love and squeezes,

Kim