My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

For those who feel the same way I do about these things...........

"Given that his speech may resemble a scene from “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” with retro Greek architecture as a backdrop, it may be more difficult for Obama to persuade Americans he is ready to be president than if he were to climb the steep hill to the Acropolis." Cal Thomas, 8-24-08

(Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's big speech on Thursday night will be delivered from an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple. 8-27-08 ABC News

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama
Lebanon, New Hampshire January 7, 2008

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."- Barack Obama, Super Tuesday

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews MSNBC

*************************************************************************
Cue the theme music from "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding". I laughed my head off when I heard it yesterday!!!!

In that movie, Father Gus is upset because his naive daughter wants to go to city college....where? Chicago!! Go figure!! Gus says about his daughter, whom he thinks is too easily led: "Someone is going to give her a package and tells her to take it to the bus station......And she'll do it!!!!" Good for Tula for not being so swayed by those around her, swept up in the moment.



No comments: