My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, October 17, 2008

I can't wait for bedtime!

I can take my pulse by the veins or arteries or whatever, throbbing in the backs of my legs. Although I didn't do all that much hard work at the pricing of the Yard Sale, I still feel as if I did a marathon. Tomorrow will be no better with getting things set up before sunrise, working in the booth at the Orange Park Fall Festival and possibly doing some time in Travis' campaign booth....After that I am going to help Julia transport her ceramic pieces for an art show in Green Cove Springs. The show is actually on Sunday but we must get all set up beforehand, obviously. After the show on Sunday I am going to meet Justin for dinner as he has a gift card burning a hole in his pocket.
*
Twila and I went to dinner tonight, trying out a newer restaurant on Fleming Island called "Mojo's BBQ" . One of the ladies at my Southern Living party mentioned how wonderful the food was so we tried it out. Yesterday was the anniversary of her hubbies' death and I know the significance and blessing of having people around through these days, so off we went. Oh, and did we love it! Good ole' comfort foods in a richer environment than at a Cracker Barrel. The music and art work are sort of jazzy, perhaps bluesy better describes the atmosphere. She had the pulled pork entree and I had the chicken fried steak with real mashed potatoes and smoked corn, cut from the cob. Man, was that delicious. The onion rings were enormous but I could only eat one of them as I found the rings to have wwaayy too much pepper on them. Twila ate a few and took the rest home for her son to try. I told the waitress when she came by that I didn't like them and why, and she said that was the common remark. Some like it, some don't. Now I know not to order them again. As Twila said, this place is definitely a must-do place for us, perhaps even on Monday after Bible study, if we can get Gretchen to come this far away from Argyle!
*
Justin was here this afternoon to unhook my DVR and HD thingy for me, so Monday, I'll make my way to the Comcast place to turn them in. It will be a savings money-wise and time-wise, as I won't waste so much time in front of the box watching the recorded programs. I'm better off staying in my room and continuing to "work" at the computer and "listen" to the programs as they play through my computer. Thanks to the boxed set of "Seinfeld" I treated myself to, which comes complete with a Coffee Table Book, I will now be more productive-----I hope! Justin added a feature using my keyboard which allows me to jump forth and back to things on my monitor, so, if I need to actually see a facial expression or other scene, a mere click takes me there. There was substantial savings from Barnes and Noble using a discount coupon Justin sent me plus some "earnings" on my membership card from B & N. Reading through the Coffee Table Book allows me to 'cram' for when Paul and Emily come to challenge me in the "Seinfeld" Trivia Game!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must I send you my massaging wand? I perfectly understand how your legs feel. Many a time this summer I had the same feelings. I will have a couple of scenery pictures to send you probably after this weekend. The trees by work look just beautiful. Hope to see more art on the way to Jamie's.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Last night I told Twila if my schedule wasn't so full today, I'd have tried to get an appt. with Carol, the massage lady. Twila said she wanted to go, too! Now Carol won't be in until Wednesday and by then, I'll hopefully be recovered.

I cant' wait to see your photos of the changing leaves. Have a great time at Bryson's birthday party. I hope they don't have that wretched dog there!!!

Hugs,

Kim