My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday's child

Tonight was Art Guild and I am sad to report that neither Martie nor Chris came. The first part of the meeting was a 'thank you' to the two companies who sponsored our show at the Thrasher-Horne Center. It was the largest reception the Art Guild or the Thrasher has ever had, with over 400 people in attendance. I've not even seen my own piece on display yet! This event took place when I was in WI so that's how I missed it. Each of the business owners was given a plaque and certificate from the Guild, plus heavy doses of applause for their support. The part that made me saddest was Martie and I didn't get to go have our strawberry margarita afterward!
*
Anyway, our guest speaker was a rep from Golden Paints who was doing a presentation about their products, distributing a folder of material for us to take home. One of the first things we did was look at the color sample sheet which is hand-painted in their factory, each and every sheet, each and every tube, and each and every bottle hand-painted to show the actual, true color of the paint inside. Very neat, very customer-service oriented.
*
What I like personally about the paints are the names, makes me wonder who gets the jobs of naming paint colors or ice cream flavors. Jill might know the second one...
Cadmium, quinacradone, anthraquinone, aureoline, pyrrol---I'll bet my spell checker will fly into a tizzy trying to figure out these paint colors or characteristics. While the things he was telling us about the products was fine, his delivery was, at best, mechanical, almost militant, so I got up an opportune time and left. I'll have to apologize to Dee about leaving because she's in charge of programs. Of course, she has no way of knowing what the rep from a company will be like. Two years ago when Golden spoke with us, it was a very nice, personable young lady who had some vim, vigor, and vitality, quite unlike this guy!
*
I did a quick soda run to Winn Dixie and got a few other things before heading home to watch the debate. Since Twila and Caroline will be over tomorrow for cropping, I want to have some snacks and such on hand for them. Twila is going to the beauty shop first and then will be over. Caroline has not been here before but knows basically where I am located. She lives out by the 'old' Smokey's Restaurant so has quite the ride into town just for cropping. She's got a lot of fun toys for scrapbooking and her hubby reports that she 'plays with it every day!'
My kinda girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of soda runs ... I'm ashamed to say my diet coke intake is slowly creeping up again!!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jami!

I hope you didn't start again because of me.....not that there's anything wrong with drinking Diet Coke. It could be worse, correct? I like nothing better than a delicious glass of soda in a restaurant...

What do you think that movie "Changling" will be like? I saw the trailer in the theater and it really freaked me out. I wrote once that some people consider having my son die as being the worst thing that can happen, but I believe that having a child missing or "gone" like Mack's is far worse. I like knowing where my Timmy is now, not worried about him at all. Poor Mack! What a burden on his heart all these years!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. God takes care of Mack's burden ...

I haven't seen anything about "Changling." I'll look it up.

As for the diet Cokes, yes, it could be worse, and no, it's not because of you. They are just convenient, that's all. Making tea and keeping it made is not convenient for me. I'm just lazy, I guess!