My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, November 7, 2008

"The immutable laws of physics contradict the entire premise of your account!"

I am watching/listening to one of Pete's favorite episodes of "Seinfeld", which I prefer to call "The Second Spitter", but officially is "The Boyfriend". Jerry made friends with Keith Hernandez, a baseball player, and is acting like he's in a dating situation instead of just being a couple guys hanging out. Keith wonders if Jerry would like to see a movie, "JFK", which is the basis for the second spitter "conspiracy" theory. Very funny, very smart. My mom doesn't get it, that I would find this program amusing. May I have a show of hands for who else in this world finds or had found this program amusing, please???
*
"Vandelay Industries? No no no, you're way off!.................and you want to be my latex salesman?"
*
We had a busy day today! This morning I went to the Friday Musicale downtown and heard the most amazing pianist from Poland, playing the music of Chopin and Fontana. He was young, only late 20's and had a mop of blond hair that shook when he pounded the keys. The room was packed, complete with a bus load of folks from an area assisted living facility as well as a bus load of kids from the Anderson School of the Arts. I was right in the middle!! Some of the older folks don't remember about not talking during a performance but the lady next to me took care of that in a hurry! She was a shusher!!!
*
When I got home from downtown, I carried a bunch of stuff upstairs from my car so had quite the load as I walked toward the elevator. My two neighbors were just getting out of the car and Michelle said, "Look at you! You look like you're all full of.....something!" It was so funny because she is French and has the cute accent and when she said that, it just made me laugh my head off! Tracy offered to help me carry my stuff but I assured them I was "balanced", which I was!
*
The rest of the afternoon was spent right here at the computer. I was busily trying to get through some of the stuff on the desk but after a couple hours, I'd made little progress. I did get some stuff handled from off the table, though, but not in the proper fashion.......how does a plastic bin strike your fancy? Out of sight, out of mind!
*
Justin came by after work and knocked off a list I'd compiled for him of chores needing to be done. He works for me now too since I let him keep the plans of moving into the student suites. He'd have helped me anyway, he's told me so, but it's nice knowing he's feeling more obligated at this point. Justin made quick work of his projects and we had a great visit besides getting things taken care of before Judy arrives. Much to my surprise, he told me that Grove, his present roomie, is going to be living in the very same quad with Justin! The more things change, the more they stay the same!!!!
*
The suite they are moving into needs both a table and a TV so Justin is thrilled to be able to take the game table, which used to be in our game room at The Preserve house as well as his 50" TV. The guys are going to just love him!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do you not have a busy day? I finally got caught up on your blogs. Sorry about the lemon tree. I know how much it means to you. Hopefully it can be revived. Sorry I am not writing more but the eyelids are getting droopy.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Droopy eyelids or not, you still commented and that's what matters. Some days are just more involved than others, that's all.

I was able to pull the lemon tree out of the pot and put into a box to take to Cindy's, like LifeFlighting an organ to a waiting transplant patient....Cindy to the rescue!

Hugs,

Kim

Tarren Prange said...

That episode is HILARIOUS! The line about the latex salesman...that was actually ad-libbed, according to the commentary on the DVDs. Jerry walks in to see George on the floor (you know)...the audience went crazy! I think I'll have to go watch it now. =)

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren,

Did I tell you that I bought the entire boxed set of "Seinfeld"? I just love having it, getting the inside info from the "Coffee Table Book" and the commentaries on the DVDs are so interesting! What great fun! Thanks for writing!

How is school going? I watch for updates, but no pressure, okay? How is your grandma feeling? Hope all is well.....speaking of which, we sang "When Peace Like a River" as a choir/congregation song today. Loved it!

Love and hugs,

Kim

Tarren Prange said...

School's great, but obviously it takes up a lot of time. So far I'm getting "A's" in all three of my classes, and the semester is almost over. Between taking care of my kids, taking care of the house, studying, and church responsibilities, life is very busy for me, but I like it that way. I'm very happy with the decision I've made.

Grandma is doing great! She was up for a visit not too long ago, helping my mom redecorate. Did I tell you Paul and Kelly bought a house (I probably didn't). So, Grandma helped them do a little decorating as well.

The kids both have colds and pretty bad coughs right now, but other than that we're all doing very well. I'll hope to have an extended update on our blog as soon as time permits =)

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren!

I am delighted that you are doing so well in school and juggling your responsibilities---it suits you!

Also am glad your grandma is doing well. I communicate a bit with Ruth and know she's going through a few things herself. I am even tempted to meander down her way to check in....Glad Paul and Kelly finally got a home of their own.

I hope all continues to flourish in your home, and the kids feel better soon! I'm checking the blog every now and again for updates!

Love and hugs,

Kim

Tarren Prange said...

We are all praying that Grandma Vance fully recovers, and that they can get rid of all the cancer. It would be very nice of you to visit her, and I know she'd appreciate it. You are so very thoughtful.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren,

Thanks for the kind words, but I am particularly fond of Ruth. What can I say? It's a family thing! And it's just down the road a bit. Last week I saw Doug Hartshorn at Victory because his wife had surgery over at Mayo. It was nice to see him.

Hugs,

Kim