My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some more pictures.........

On Wednesday, Judy and I went to the Thrasher-Horne Center to view the Art Guild display and see my piece hung in the show. I even received a "report card" from the Judge of the show, with my 'scores' average and above. Whew!!!! I wish I remembered what method I used to paint this one because it was done in no time at all!

Friday night I hosted the ladies for scrapbooking, while Judy visited with her niece, Chrissie, and knitted while the rest of us cropped and chatted. We had the wonderful opportunity of watching the space shuttle Endeavor launch just before 8:00 pm and it was spectacular. Judy was able to capture it on her camera, which re-ignited my camera envy again! Seated are Judy J., Chrissie, Judy knitting, Kelly T., and Twila.
This is a different angle of the group, better showing the "mess" on the table. No worries, we all know what belongs to whom when it's all over. I shared my supplies with Chrissie who is a novice cropper. It will be great to keep getting together with her and plug away at her album. Her mom is coming into town in January so it will be fun getting to know her as well. She is Judy's sister, Diane, from Arkansas, and will be sewing the dress for Chrissie's wedding which is in March.
A closer look at Chrissie first completed page in her album! It's a proud moment!!!!
Here's a photo of Tex Chappell, who many know as Daniel. Suzanne's family visited their friends' ranch recently and got to spend some time communing with nature and animals. Daniel wasn't wearing his fancy cowboy boots today but instead wearing some tough hiking boots to climb the fences. No flashing lights on these boots!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for sharing the pic of Daniel! That one is truly one of my favorites! I have to correct you though, these boots do indeed light up, with images of Tigger and Pooh!

The boy would love them if the they didn't light up!

Cowboy Up!

Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne,

Of course! I should have known they'd have bells and whistles. Daniel looks so natural in that setting, I think he could get used to living among the animals and such. A real wrangler boy----with lighted boots!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Yep, Daniel is going to be just like his mother.. an animal lover and hopefully musically inclined. He loves to sing!

Suzanne