My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The day after the party

This morning is a wonderful, bright sun shining day, the tide back up, covering the horrible looking sand and brush which normally is hidden under the water. Not since the tropical storm have we had low water levels like this, and I will confess, I like the higher water level. It just looks "cleaner"!
*
It took me a little while to wake up this a.m. because Lynn and I were out late last night, partying at Janet's. Yes, we really tore up Green Cove Springs! There were six guests plus Jim and Janet, all church family. We played a rousing game of Apples to Apples, which Lynn won handily, plus a CHRISTmas version of Trivial Pursuit, boys against the girls. Since we outnumbered the guys, the woman's team was victorious, spelling CHRISTMAS first on our scorecard. Janet had such good food snacks for us to enjoy, with Jim serving as "the drink master". Anywhere Janet is is a party and by the time poor Kathy left, she was complaining her cheeks hurt from laughing! That is such a gooooooood hurt to have! Love it!
*
Yesterday afternoon Lynn and I spent time watching TV together while I worked on my CHRISTmas cards. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was on AMC, the 1950's version, which was oh so primitive! Today we are going to the theater to see the new and improved version of "The Day......" on the I-MAX. We will be out of the movie in plenty of time to make church at Victory at 5:00 p.m. Not a problem time-wise. Justin has plans for after church so am not sure what Lynn and I will do for dinner. I might go and put my bean soup on to cook while we are gone today. We will come home to a good smelling dinner and a quiet evening.
*
Justin is going to see his favorite comedian, Jeff Dunham, tonight which reminds me of Jim, who did fabulous imitations of Jeff as the "terrorist" character he has. "Silence!!! I keel you!!", he shrieks, and by he I mean both Jim and Jeff! Funny stuff, and I am excited that Justin gets to attend with his friend. Last night he attended an office party with his former roommate, Jesse, and fortunately I had a bottle of vodka on hand for him to take as his exchange gift. It was the bottle Chrissie sent home with me after scrapbooking last week Friday. He was a re-gifter!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is any time with a you "quiet time"? The poor people are expecting some mixed precipitation today.

Mom and I went to Shopko and I picked up an extra bag of salt just in case. Except for grocery things I am done CHRISTmas shopping. Once again it paid to to save change. Just over $330 this time.

Jeff Dunham is going to be in G.B. in May. I watch him on TV. Too bad most of his stuff is off color. Hope you enjoy the movie and worshop after.

Love,

Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Good point about the quiet time! But somehow, we managed. Not the same as when Judy was here and we yakked so much...

We are back from the movie which I had to "watch" with my eyes closed, as the IMAX bothered me, made me feel urpy. Lynn was fine, though, which is good. We leave for church shortly.

Congrats on the saving the change, that is very good amount! Enjoy it, buy yourself some ice cream!!!

Hugs,

Kim

kathy b said...

Laughter is good medicine and in my case, a cheek work-out! Way to go Lynn - you are the Apples to Apples queen! So, in other words, if Kim doesn't win the game, her sister does - I believe that was the case with "printing" wasn't it?

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Kathy!

How funny that Lynn is the surrogate winner of Apples to Apples! If that doesn't just figure....

Glad that we all had such a great time with our "family"!

Hugs,

Kim